Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
Thank you for selecting Imagine Sports for a wild sport adventure. We look forward to welcoming you to one of the most versatile regions on the planet. By booking with Imagine Sports you are acknowledging, understanding the terms and entering an agreement between all participants of any adventure and Imagine Sports. Please read the terms and conditions stated below.
Adventure: An exciting or very unusual experience, whether it is sport related or not offered on the website of Imagine Sports.
User: Shall be understood as a physical person browsing the Imagine Sports website, who may or may not have created a personal dashboard without making a purchase.
Customer: Shall be understood as a website visitor that created a dashboard account and purchased an adventure for him / herself and / or for other participants.
Participant: Shall be understood as a physical person registered for participation in an adventure reserved via the website of Imagine Sports. Participant may or may not be a customer.
Service supplier: Shall be understood as the natural or juridical person organizing the adventures offered on the website of Imagine Sports.
Partner: Shall be understood as the natural or juridical person affiliated with Imagine Sports in any way. Such as, but not limited to, marketing purposes, sales purposes, product purposes, legal purposes.
Itinerary: The detailed plan of the complete Imagine Sports adventure that consist of any bookable service on the website.
Service action and registration
- Users wishing to reserve an adventure must create a personal dashboard secured by a personal login and password if not already created.
- Users shall provide accurate information when registering and update this information in case of changes.
- Users carry the own responsibility for implementing the precautionary and safety measures required for protecting their password.
- Users must be aware that the use of their login and password is strictly personal. All actions made when being logged in to their dashboard will be indisputably be deemed as actions performed by the user.
- As Imagine Sports works together with different partners to guarantee the best quality in the market, Imagine Sports categorises adventures in four different Reservation / Cancellation Policies. This policy label you can find under the overview of the adventure package.
- As mentioned in 2.1 Imagine Sports uses four different labels to reserve or to cancel an adventure. Easy – Flexible – Tight – Strict policy. See point 5. Cancellations.
- If you wish to book several adventures to create a bigger adventure experience, Imagine Sports will use the strictest Reservation / Cancellation Policy on the whole itinerary.
- Your reservation is assessed as successful when the full deposit reflects in the account of Imagine Sports. The term of the outstanding balance is also defined by the label of the reservation / cancellation policy.
Deposit of the ‘easy’ booking policy:
100% of the full amount of the adventure. No outstanding balance should be paid after.
Deposit of the ‘flexible’ booking policy:
100% of the full amount of the adventure. No outstanding balance should be paid after.
Deposit of the ‘tight’ booking policy:
50% of the full amount of the adventure (at least 60 days in advance). Outstanding balance must be paid 60 days or more before the start of the Itinerary.
Deposit of the ‘strict’ booking policy:
50% of the full amount of the adventure (at least 120 days in advance). Outstanding balance must be paid 120 days or more before the start of the Itinerary.
- Once your reservation has been successful, within the 2-3 working days you will receive a confirmation letter stating what you have booked for and when the remaining balance needs to be paid if not already done so.
- If there is any incorrect information on confirmation letter, contact Imagine Sports within 2-3 working days so we can correct the information and send you the correct confirmation letter within 24 hours.
- By paying, on behalf of Imagine Sports, the deposit as defined in 1.4, you agree on the quotation of the full package offered by Imagine Sports and agree on all terms and conditions underneath – T&C’s will be found on the website of Imagine Sports.
- You should be 18 years and older to book for your sport package. Or for the adventure of your child / foster child under the age of 18.
- The advertised prices on the website are based on the actual sport provided by the Imagine Sports’ partners. Prices may differ from the advertised price on the website in relation to customized packages and to prices of Imagine Sports’ partners that might change without notice.
- The total price may increase by 10% to 15% due taxes and inflations purpose, you have right to cancel the trip within 7 working days. Cancellation must be made in writing, by the person signing the booking and is not effective until such cancellation is received by Imagine Sports.
- The price guarantee is inclusive of taxes and any government polices within South Africa.
- Prices are quoted in different currencies depending on the origin of the customer. Quotations and invoices will be made in the same currency as advertised on the website or in another currency that is stated above if the customer specifically asks.
- Quotations are valid for 10 business days from the date of issue.
Modifications in the reservation
- The customer may request an itinerary modification and change in the scheduled date for an adventure if such modification is possible pursuant to the Imagine Sports’ service suppliers or partner’s availability.
- All requests for modifications must be made in writing to Imagine Sports via the personal Imagine Sports dashboard of the customer.
- Imagine Sports cannot guarantee a confirmation of the modifications as it depends on different factors, such as the schedule of Imagine Sports and the service suppliers or partners.
- Should the modification request be accepted by Imagine Sports, service supplier and partner, a new itinerary shall be issued and sent to the customer. If applicable, Imagine Sports will proceed with the payment or reimbursement resulting from the reservation, on behalf of the Partner. Please note that any change in itinerary might change the price of the full itinerary due to, but not limited to, shift in dates, location, content of activity, etc.
- It is hereby specified that Imagine sports and / or its service suppliers and partners shall not be required to accept a modification request. Such requests, if accepted, may be subject to extra fees per the service supplier’s or partner’s general terms and conditions.
- Should the modification request be refused, Customers wishing to maintain their request must implement the cancellation procedure described hereinafter.
Cancellations by the customer
- Any cancellation of a booking must be made in writing, by the person signing the booking and is not effective until such cancellation is received by Imagine Sports.
- Depending the label of Reservation / Cancellation policy, different charges apply:
Easy cancellation policy:
Cancel 10 days or more before itinerary: 10% of the full
Cancel between 10 days and 3 days before itinerary: 50% of the full amount
Cancel less than 3 days before itinerary: 100% of the full amoun
Flexible cancellation policy:
Cancel 45 days or more before itinerary: 10% of the full amount
Cancel between 45 days and 15 days before itinerary: 50% of the full amount
Cancel less than 15 days before itinerary: 100% of the full amount
Tight cancellation policy
Cancel 60 days or more before itinerary: 25% of the full amount
Cancel between 60 days and 45 days before itinerary: 50% of the full amount
Cancel less than 45 days before itinerary: 100% of the full amount
Strict cancellation policy
Cancel 120 days or more before itinerary: 50% of the full amount
Cancel less than 120 days before itinerary: 100% of the full amount
- In the case of a no show, 100% of the full amount will be charged.
- If the customer fails to join a tour, or joins it after departure, or leaves prior to its completion, no refund will be made unless Imagine Sports agreed upon the customization during the reservation process. The customer must state this in writing to Imagine Sports. If the customer cancels an adventure, the deposit or itinerary are not transferable to any other person.
- If you wish to changes dates after a booking is confirmed, all efforts will be made to assist in a change. However, all changes are subject to availability and price fluctuations, and may be subject to change fees or charges.
Cancellations by Imagine Sports or its service suppliers or its partners
- Imagine Sports and Imagine Sports’ service suppliers and partners reserves the right to cancel the adventure or a part of the adventure if there is any circumstance that is beyond Imagine Sports’ or Imagine Sports’ service suppliers control.
- In instances where Imagine Sports or Imagine Sports’ service suppliers or partners cannot provide the adventure, Imagine Sports will return to the customer all monies paid, which shall constitute the full extent of Imagine Sports’ liability to the client, or Imagine Sports may offer the customer an alternative adventure of comparable standard.
- Examples of circumstances that is beyond Imagine Sports or Imagine Sports’ service suppliers’ or partners control are, but not limited to:
- Natural events that may interfere with the required conditions of the adventure or endanger the safety of customers, suppliers, Imagine Sports representatives or others.
- Political instabilities that may result in strikes or other unwanted events.
- Not having a group size meeting the minimum requirements.
- A physical or psychological calamity of the Imagine Sports representative or guide making him/her unable to host the adventure.
- It is mandatory for you to provide Imagine Sports and the service suppliers or partners in charge of the sport with your medical information.
- Medical information is mandatory depending on the sport activities you do.
- If there is a pre-existing or existing medical conditions that you have, Imagine Sports, service suppliers or partners have right to turn you down due to your health situation.
- Due to you agreeing on these term and conditions, you are required to fill out medical forms that are provided from the sport activities conductor.
- Imagine Sports, service suppliers or partners in charge of the sport have the right to request for more information on your medical information if needed.
- Pregnancy is also considered a medical condition. Pregnancy should be disclosed to the service supplier, partners and Imagine Sports.
- If you are 6 months pregnant, Imagine Sports has the right decline your sport package request if possible chance of harm on you and your baby.
- You are responsible to ensure that all health requirements are met for the countries you will be visiting and we strongly advise that you seek the advice of a reputable travel clinic or medical professional well in advance of your departure to ensure that you take all necessary precautions in relation to your intended destination/s or areas of travel. A small part of our adventures do enter malaria areas.
- The customer hereby agrees to give full authority to Imagine Sports’ staff or staff of the service suppliers to act on the customer’s behalf in the event one or more of the participants of the adventure becomes the victim of an accident, injury or illness that requires immediate medical or surgical care and none of the other participants, if any, are at that time capable of consenting. Actions on behalf of one or more of the participants shall include but not be limited to authorization for Imagine Sports staff or other chaperones to arrange for such medical care as they deem appropriate, substantiated by local medical advice and to give any required consent for such medical care. The customer acknowledges that it is his responsibility to advise Imagine Sports, in writing, of any allergies, medical problems or prescription medicine requirements that would be pertinent in the treatment of one or more of the participants of the adventure.
User’s obligation and commitments
Compliance with laws and regulations.
Users shall, when browsing the website and using the service, comply with applicable regulations. Users shall:
- Not slander, insult, or denigrate a physical or legal person;
- Not create user accounts with fictional identities; not falsify their own identity;
- Not harm others by using the website or the service, and in particular, not steal the identity of a third party, and not, more generally, use third party’s data;
- Not use the contact information obtained through the website or the service to disseminate computer viruses or similar threats;
- Not harm the Imagine Sports service suppliers’ or partners’ reputation, or Imagine Sports’ brand image.
Responsibility and Obligations Related to adventure reservations
Regarding reserving and performing adventures, customers and participants shall:
- Ensure they fulfill the necessary conditions, where appropriate, mentioned in the adventure description (physical condition, certificate, practice level, license, etc.) before reserving an adventure; otherwise the service supplier or partner may refuse the customer’s or participant’s access to the adventure without reimbursement;
- Ensure the accuracy of the information provided for the adventure reservation with the service supplier or partner; otherwise, the partner may refuse access to the adventure;£
- Arrive on-time at the place provided and indicated on the reservation summary. Being more than 15 minutes late may result in reservation cancellation as per the service supplier or partner’s terms and conditions for the said adventure and indicated on the reservation summary.
- The customer certifies by paying the deposit of the adventure that he or she declares being competent to fully understands the content of this release of liability and agrees upon this contract by his or her free will and he or she represents all participants for the booking he or she has made.
- The customer acknowledges that he or she is aware of the risks involved in the proposed adventure and that he or she representing the other participants of the booking is aware that these are risks to which the customer is not normally exposed. Furthermore, the customer acknowledge that this adventure may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment failure, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, employees, and/or partners of the adventure. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers, employees, service suppliers and or partners.
- By payment of the deposit, the customer agrees to hold Imagine Sports’ instructors, representatives, agents, employees, directors, volunteers, partners, service suppliers and sponsors in the conduct of the adventure, harmless for any loss or damage to property, injury, partial or total disability, paralysis or loss of life, which may occur directly or indirectly in connection with my participation in Imagine Sports adventures and indemnify them against any and all claims which may arise in this regard.
One-sided termination by Imagine Sports
- For the benefit of all participants of the adventure, Imagine Sports reserves the right to reject or remove any participant whose conduct is incompatible with the interests of other participants, service suppliers, partners or Imagine Sports itself. Imagine Sports is not responsible for any costs incurred if termination of a participant’s adventure due to unacceptable behaviour.
- Anyone Adventurer under the age of 18 years old (based on the South Africa Law) will be considered a minor and needs to be accompanied by an adult or a legal guardian.
- The minimum age requirement for Imagine Sports activities varies between the type of adventure. The advertised minimum age on the adventure page is correct.
- All packages including alcohol are not fit for adventurers under the age of 18. Imagine Sports, service suppliers or partners will offer alternatives in these specific cases.
- Any child under the age of 8, at risk or any harm done upon the child, the parent or legal guardian should take full responsibility.
- It’s mandatory that the customer and all participants have travel insurance which includes medical aid.
- The insurance must cover for personal injury and emergency medical expenses.
- It’s solely the customer’s responsibility to make sure that travel insurance covers medical expenses and the type of insurance you wish to obtain for all participants.
- The travel insurance should be given to Imagine Sports.
Use of images for Marketing purpose
- The customer agrees by paying the deposit to allow Imagine Sports, service suppliers and partners to use any images or video footage of all the participants in these activities for promotion which may be included but not limited to brochures, social media, advertising or website development by Imagine Sports, service suppliers, partners, sponsors, and assigns.
- The customer takes own responsibility to ensure all passports of all participants and visa requirements are valid for the countries you will visit on your adventure.
- Imagine Sports is focussed on providing the best adventure experience. Imagine Sports gladly takes this further to the browsing and reservation experience on the website. When coming across an issue during booking an adventure or whilst being on an adventure itself with Imagine Sports’ service suppliers and or partners, the customer should:
- Contact us via your personal dashboard;
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us on +27 (0)21 556 4725